Burgers are America's favorite meal.
The combination of delicious pickles, lettuce and tomato, with cheese and beef on a toasted sesame bun - they're so tasty!
In this recipe, we wanted to offer the same delicious fast food option for our veggie friends, or for those who just love beets!
The oats in this recipe act as a binder to give that meaty texture, while the beets bring a bold color and flavor that goes perfectly with the burger toppings.
You can elevate this beet burger even further by adding seasoning and spices of your choice!
Servings: 2-4 people
Cook time: 10 minutes
● 1-2 tbsp olive oil
● 1 onion, diced
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1/2 cup oats
● 1 cup cooked beans of any variety
● 2 small beets, boiled and chopped
1. Put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and whizz until everything binds together - about 2-3 minutes.
2. Remove the mixture and form it into burger patties, making them the same size as the buns you have.
3. Sear on a hot skillet with oil, and cook undisturbed for 5-10 minutes on each side.
Substitutions: Use store-bought fire beets that have already been cooked to speed up the process.
To store: Cool the patties completely then store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Or, freeze in a single layer overnight, bag them up the next day, and you have frozen beet patties for up to 3 weeks! Just bake them from frozen at 375℉ for 20 minutes.
Leftover tips: Roll your leftover beet “meat” into meatball size shapes, coat them in panko and pan-fry. Serve with spaghetti and you’ve got a filling plant-based meal.